Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March is come in like a lion and hopefully out like a lamb.

WHAT ELSE?

Caesar:
Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak, Caesar is turn'd to hear.

Soothsayer:
Beware the ides of March.

That’s around the 15th march – depends on the lunar calendar so any soothsayers out there, sharpen up your prophesies.

The tender shoots are braving the chill winds that still blow across Somerset, though usually the weather is milder here than elsewhere. Hence I told people earlier when snow was forecast, ‘it doesn’t snow here’ but I was wrong although there was less than the rest of the country. An interesting natutal phenomenon occurred yesterday and that was the Severn Bore, the largest in some years. While not quite a tsunami it is a kind of tidal wave where the water itself moves up the estuary of the river Severn, which acts like a funnel from the Bristol Channel bringing in the spring tide for many miles up the river. Many surfers rode the wave, only a couple of feet high maybe, but surging far upriver very powerfully.

i have been playing the odd gig here and there, with the Atcha Band in Sussex and the acoustic Trio here and there and that has kept my hand in. there are a couple more lined up before Charlie hart and myself go out to Germany to play a run of gigs there. Martyn is doing a good job keeping the site up to scratch and improving the different aspects which may be viewed on an i-phone too which is amazing. Thanks everyone for viewing and hope it all keeps you entertained so try and buy a CD if you don’t have them already as it keeps the wheels turning. Gotta keep them wheels turning else there wont be no more songs and tunes to hum and frighten your neighbours with.

More power to your elbow. Crz Jags.

1 comment:

karina said...

Hi chris,
My name is Karina Hopper. I am Richard Hopper's neice, who i know was a good friend of yours for many years. Like him I have a great love of writing and am currently putting together a fictional book based on his like. I would love to gather some info on his early years ie: school, Cambridge and the early 1970's. I would be so grateful for any information, but I appreciate you must be a very busy man, so fully understand if this is not possible. Kindest Regards, Karina.